livingontheland - [Livingontheland] interesting from Hugh Love on BDnow

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] interesting from Hugh Love on BDnow
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:15:10 -0700

On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 09:50 AM, Hugh.Lovel9 wrote:

These things need to be laid on the table. There is certainly a train
wreck ahead and if we don't watch out it will catch most of us
unprepared. David Holmgren points this out in his writings about
permaculture, and some listen, others shine it on. But we certainly
need to all pay attention at some point. The agenda of the movers and
shakers is to make life tougher and tougher on the peons--for their
own good, of course. Remove the safety net, what there is of it; jack
up prices, particularly of fuel; make health care inaccessible;
collapse investments and retirement funds, a la Enron, WorldCom, et.
al.; destabilize the environment; and best of all draw everyone's
attention away from their corporate pillage and plunder and focus it
on a Saviour who if you'll say your prayers, sing your hymns, empty
your pockets in the collection plate and have FAITH in what you're
told about the Saviour He will come in a cloud of Glory and just when
things have finally become unendurable He'
ll bear you up to Heaven where you'll never have to do any thinking or
make any choices ever again. (It's that old Christian heresy that goes
back into the first century A.D.)

Truly we are here for our spiritual development. That means we must
learn to think for ourselves, though this must be grounded in reality
rather than fantasy. It also means we must learn to act for ourselves,
though this must be done in the context of the greater good for all
life. And as I sometimes point out, easy times do little to build
character, so we get just exactly what we need in all this, but it
pushes our buttons pretty hard sometimes.

When a problem persists you have to know it does so because it is
misidentified. Correct identification results in the dissolution of
the problem. Upsets, the same way. Good sleep, a vacation, etc. key
out our problems so we can take a fresh look at things, but they don't
make them go away. Correct identification does. Sometimes we can share
insights about the true nature of problems and others can gain the
liberation we won the hard way. But there are so many correct
identifications to be made we are in no danger of running out. We've
really got our work cut out for us before we're going to graduate from
this cosmic prison planet. You needn't imagine the older races of the
cosmos will let us loose to pillage and contaminate the stars until
we've made a bit more progress on the spiritual side.

You may remember I've said the law of gravity is incorrect. There is
no gravity. The illusion persists because we have things incorrectly
identified. It's the same way with time. It doesn't exist and is
missidentified. Matter and energy likewise. Objective/subjective
likewise. All these things that we believe are at the basis of our
reality are misidentified--otherwise they would not persist. What's
really going on we have no idea. That's a bedrock truth. Only thing
is, what do we do about it?

Become better observers and set aside our prejudices about reality.
This is the path of spiritual progress. Yes it IS possible to use the
BD preps to make rain. Yes we can affect the course of history through
food.

Don't imagine that GW is really the key person in the US government.
He's a figurehead who'se there for easy reference. Key people are
people like yourself, firefighters, schoolteachers, maintenance
workers. You don't know who they are. "For wont of a nail a horseshoe
was lost, for want of a shoe a rider was lost, etc." until we get a
glimpse of why the Little General lost at Waterloo despite his well
laid plans.

I'm not saying we don't have our challenges and they are not real
challenges. No, we'll be challenged to the max, you and me both. And
don't hold your peace about what you see looming. Lay it on the table.
But it isn't what it seems, and that's all the more reason to take a
closer look.

Best,
Hugh