livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Re: Livingontheland Digest, Vol 15, Issue 14 Food Systems and Security: Helping the Porr to Cope

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Re: Livingontheland Digest, Vol 15, Issue 14 Food Systems and Security: Helping the Porr to Cope
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:59:25 -0600

Thank you for those insights and I agree. Also very pleased to hear from
India. Our problems have more in cmmon than most would guess. To your comment:

"We are surprised that the authors have not taken cognizance of these forces
that affect the poor. Would like to understand as to why these forces are
not enumerated in the otherwise forthright article."

It seems very few organizations are willing to make the connections between
corporate enclosure and the wellbeing of the masses of people on the planet.
My personal project is to show how small amounts of marginal land can be made
to feed those who need healthy, affordable food, and bypass the corporate
agribusiness more and more. Instead of fighting the system, I want to starve
the system and deny it the profits and ultimately the use of good land.
People being starved by the system can themselves starve the system. We're
beginning to put this into practice where I live in an inhospitable climate
where few ever garden. So we're doing more than transplanting food and herb
plants, we want to transplant Gandhi's Constructive Programme to the high
desert where we live. We're just ordinary people so who are we to think such
a thing? But you never know till you try.

paul, webmaster@fedworkerscomp.net