livingontheland - [Livingontheland] The International Society for Ecology and Culture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org, nmgreens@yahoogroups.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] The International Society for Ecology and Culture
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:56:10 -0700

The International Society for Ecology and Culture
http://www.isec.org.uk/

Promoting locally based alternatives to the global consumer culture

The International Society for Ecology and Culture (ISEC) is a non-profit
organisation concerned with the protection of both biological and cultural
diversity. Our emphasis is on education for action: moving beyond single
issues to look at the more fundamental influences that shape our lives. Our
activities include:

* Books, reports, conferences and films
* Local, national and international networking.
* Community initiatives.
* Campaigning.

We have worked in more than a dozen countries, from the UK and the USA to
Thailand and Bhutan. Our programme in Ladakh, or 'Little Tibet', where we
have been running a wide range of 'hands on' projects since 1975, has won
international acclaim for countering the negative effects of conventional
development in that region. ISEC has now established an 'Ancient Futures
Network' to bring together groups and individuals from every corner of the
world that are struggling to maintain their cultural integrity in the face of
economic globalisation.

  • [Livingontheland] The International Society for Ecology and Culture, Tradingpost, 03/04/2004