livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Growing Communities Workshop

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Growing Communities Workshop
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:36:32 -0700

Growing Communities Workshop
March 5-6, 2004
at the
Carrie Murray Nature Center in
Gwynns Falls/Leakin Park

Join the American Community Gardening Association (ACGA) and Parks &
People
for an in-depth, hands-on workshop based on the ACGA's curriculum for
leadership development, Growing Communities: Community Building and
Organizational Development through Community Gardening. Learn proven
strategies community organizers use to develop dynamic leaders and
create
strong communities through a participatory approach to community
building.
You will not only learn the principles and practices of community
building,
but learn how to pass these on to others in your community by conducting
your own workshops. This two-day workshop will cover:

. Community Organizing
. Leadership Development
. Grassroots Fundraising Basics
. Communications Planning
. Coalition Building

Participants receive the Growing Communities Curriculum, a 300+ page
resource, including a set of curriculum materials that walk the reader
through the process of conducting training workshops. In addition to the
topics covered in this workshop, the Curriculum also addresses
Diversity,
Asset-Based Community Development, Meeting Facilitation and Group
Decision-Making, Developing a Board of Directors, and Grassroots
Fundraising - Specific Strategies.

When: Friday, Mar. 5, 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. (breakfast, lunch and dinner
provided)
AND Saturday, Mar. 6, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (breakfast and lunch provided)

Workshop cost is $45 (includes a copy of Growing Communities Curriculum
- a
$40 value)
Space limited to 25 participants.
Registration and advance payment required! Return form below with
check.

For more information or directions: contact Mary Cox, Urban Resources
Initiative Program Manager
Parks & People, 410-448-5663 x107 or mary.cox@parksandpeople.org.

For travel scholarship information contact Betsy Johnson at 617-236-5200
or
betsy@bgjohnson.com.

----
--------------------
Registration for Growing Communities Workshop
American Community Gardening Association and Parks & People Foundation
March 5-6, 2004, Carrie Murray Nature Center

Yes! I would like to attend. Enclosed find my check for $45 payable to
Parks & People.

No, I am not able to attend, but I would like the Growing Communities
curriculum for $35.

Barrett
Dr.,
Ste. 010

  • [Livingontheland] Growing Communities Workshop, Tradingpost, 02/26/2004