livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, and Reflections"

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, and Reflections"
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:10:09 -0700

"I have done without electricity, and tend the fireplace and stove
myself. Evenings, I light the old lamps. There is no running water, and I
pump the water from the well. I chop the wood and cook the food. These simple
acts make man simple; and how difficult it is to be simple! . . . Silence
surrounds me, almost audibly, and I live "in modest harmony with nature".
Thoughts rise to the surface which reach back into the centuries, and
accordingly anticipate a remote future. Here the torment of creation is
lessened; creativity and play are close together."
-- Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, and Reflections"

  • [Livingontheland] Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, and Reflections", Tradingpost, 12/19/2003