livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Re: Livingontheland Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3 Response to The Making of a Disaster by Michelw May

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Re: Livingontheland Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3 Response to The Making of a Disaster by Michelw May
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:17:16 -0700

But it's all tied together isn't it. So is the work of Medha Patkar, Arun
Gandhi, and Satish Kumar I believe. The same corporations that break every
law to hold down wages here hire strikebreakers to gun down workers in other
countries. The approach I endorse here is not fighting the demons but
bypassing them, similar to Gandhi's constructive programme. Don't buy from
them. Don't borrow from them. Don't sell to them. Don't work for them.
Produce, consume, and network locally, and you'll find more security than the
corporate trap. And the cancer will die without a host to feed on.

paul tradingpost@gilanet.com

--Henry David Thoreau

That is well said, replied Candide, but we must cultivate our garden.
--Voltaire [Francois-Marie Arouet] Candide