livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Wisdom From Lynn Montgomery

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: nmgreens@yahoogroups.com, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Wisdom From Lynn Montgomery
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 23:13:50 -0700

from a NM water rights list
by Lynn Montgomery

Most of human commerce has been at the barter level until very recently.
I don't need any 'projects" except those of my own initiative and efforts,
mostly by way of my shovel. I try and live a subsistence, comfortable life,
not only because of its own rewards, but as an example for others. I
generate my own electricity, provide my water with minimum "economic" inputs
(5 gal./day hauled in from the spring, which is a 6 mile drive and 100yds.
by foot until the drought relents and the sprawlers stop pumping our aquifer
levels to hell), grow my own food when there is water in the acequia, heat
my house with beetle killed pinon, and do as much bartering as possible.

Americans have lost that self-reliance and independence that gave us our
lost strength as a nation, and it is only a matter of time till we go the
way of the Romans. The rest of the world sees Americans as soft, spoiled,
arrogant, greedy, obese, insatiable, ignorant, aggressive, oppressors, and
your attitudes, sans any real philosophical values, adds to that.

The SE
ruled that my acequia water rights were "de minimus" a couple years ago,
along with fellow protestant's Bob Wessely's spring rights. Progressive and
dedicated??? Hostile and totally contrary to all water law, ancient and
modern, would be more accurate. Sporhase v. Nebraska determined that states
could not use economic concerns to primarily determine public welfare in
water transfer issues. The Treaty of GH has nothing to do with economics and
grants the right of community property to be held for the welfare of all
citizens, something greedy, aggressive Americans are extremely hostile to at
all levels. America is all "mega", and no "macro", all isolation and no
community. Very unbalanced and corrosive.

Regards, Lynn

"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even
where there is no river."
- Nikita Khrushchev

  • [Livingontheland] Wisdom From Lynn Montgomery, Tradingpost, 11/04/2003