libraryweb - [Libraryweb] Newsletter

libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Library Web <libweb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Libraryweb] Newsletter
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:00:02 -0500

Library Web (UK)

Library Culture on the Web

http://www.libraryweb.info

Wednesday 5 January 2011

7 days of library news:

NOTICE TO LIBRARY WEB READERS

Library Web is temporarily offline for the time being. I have for a number of months now had a problem with (I would guess) mainly two or three highly skilled hackers targeting my computer within a few hours of my going online. I haven't as yet been able to find a solution to this.

The way forward I think with a site such as Library Web is for a community to take charge, providing a more distributed target for anyone whose interests were in bringing the site down. (There is also considerably more library culture to be found on the web nowadays than 4 years ago when I first began Library Web - a sort of 'social bookmarking but for communities' approach would solve this problem).

Please please do not delete your Library Web RRS feeds as yet - I'm not completely sure what the outcome of the current situation will be, I will though post developments as they happen (see also Library Web's twitter page.)

(Library Web users may be interested to know that the site's stats for 2010 showed an average of approx. 581 unique visits per day.)

Library Web, Tuesday 4 January 2011