libraryweb - [Libraryweb] Newsletter

libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Library Web <libweb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Libraryweb] Newsletter
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:00:02 -0400

Library Web (UK)

Library Culture on the Web

http://www.libraryweb.info

Wednesday 29 July 2009

7 days of library news:

Library reviews delayed until September
Wirral.
theBookseller.com, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Tim Coates' complaint against MLA upheld
theBookseller.com, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Jacqueline Wilson to publish historical novel
theBookseller.com, Tuesday 28 July 2009

OCLC Announces Release of WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway
ResourceShelf, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Inheriting the earth: Using KML files to add placemarks relating to the library's original content to Google Earth and Google Maps
Abstract. (Via ticTOCs.)
Emerald, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Libraries and return on investment (ROI): a meta-analysis
Abstract. (Via ticTOCs.)
Emerald, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Great article to send to your planning commissioner
"Libraries at the Heart Our Communities"
Stephen's Lighthouse, Tuesday 28 July 2009

25th Annual Computers in Libraries
Stephen's Lighthouse, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Town halls and libraries to hand out swine flu pills
(Via Google News.)
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 28 July 2009

Empowering Boy Readers: When a Negative is a Positive
Getting Boys To Read, Tuesday 28 July 2009

OLE - dollars 5.2m to get from Diagrams to an ILS Replacement in two Years
Open Library Environment (OLE) project.
Panlibus, Tuesday 28 July 2009

New Publication: IFLA Cataloguing Principles
IFLA, Tuesday 28 July 2009

The July 2009 issue of Associates is now available
"library support staff issues"
Associates, Saturday 25 July 2009

Pounds 60m library wins approval
"Europe's first fully integrated public and university library"
Teletext, Saturday 25 July 2009

Google Books causes concern
(Via Library Link of the Day.)
The Boston Globe, Saturday 25 July 2009

friday tweet: see the winning book cart drill teams from ALA09
@Copac, Friday 24 July 2009

Contest winners
Humour.
Obnoxious Librarian from Hades, Friday 24 July 2009

Borrowed time: jobs to go at libraries
"staff will be made redundant over the coming months under plans to install new self-service machines"
Camden News, Friday 24 July 2009

Birmingham Central Library's final chapter
Building Design, Friday 24 July 2009

2 articles re: RFID
LIB-RFID-UK, Friday 24 July 2009

A Day In The Life - share your library experiences next week
When I grow up I want to be a Librarian!, Friday 24 July 2009

Louise Penny - The Cruellest Month
Review.
Book Talk Bournemouth, Friday 24 July 2009

The Future of Reading: a public value project
@readingagency, Thursday 23 July 2009

50 reasons to love your local library
@chris_hall62, Thursday 23 July 2009

Publishers expect to see UK Kindle this autumn
theBookseller.com, Thursday 23 July 2009

Buyer's E-Morse: 'Owning' Digital Books
"Purchasing Electronic Tomes Online Gives Readers Fewer Legal Rights to Share and Resell Than Hard-Copy Customers Enjoy"
LISNews, Thursday 23 July 2009

Lebanese Librarians Publish Book to Encourage Children to Read
LISNews, Thursday 23 July 2009

Anthony Blunt memoir reveals spy's regret at 'the biggest mistake of my life'
"made public today by the British Library". (Via Google News.)
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 23 July 2009

Cuts to library services splits cabinet
"latest chapter in the saga of three Swindon libraries". (Via Google News.)
This Is Wiltshire, Thursday 23 July 2009

Information Prescriptions - just to clarify
Information request.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Thursday 23 July 2009

Library Trigger Points
"the one or two essential elements in a product that are important to your customers"
Designing Better Libraries, Thursday 23 July 2009

Libraries saved from being closed
Swindon.
BBC News, Thursday 23 July 2009

The British Library Publishes Annual Report (2008-2009)
ResourceShelf, Thursday 23 July 2009

Open source vs. proprietary library software
(Via AL Direct, July 22, 2009.)
In the Library with the Lead Pipe, Thursday 23 July 2009

Newsletter section Libraries for children and young adults Newsletter june 2009
IFLA.
IFLA, Thursday 23 July 2009

Since we made them free last year, reservations on library stock have risen by 53%!
West Dunbartonshire Libraries.
@libr8, Wednesday 22 July 2009

Library of Congress test drives cloud storage
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Wednesday 22 July 2009

Debating Noble Purposes
LISNews, Wednesday 22 July 2009

Wirral libraries' fate in balance until September, says MP
Wirral News, Wednesday 22 July 2009

Cuts to libraries in the spotlight
Swindon. (Via Google News.)
Swindon Advertiser, Wednesday 22 July 2009

Registration
Information request.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Wednesday 22 July 2009

Nominations sought for for Jodi Awards 200
MLA.
Culture24, Wednesday 22 July 2009

July issue of the Literacy and Reading Section's Newsletter is available
IFLA.
IFLA, Wednesday 22 July 2009