libraryweb - [Libraryweb] Newsletter

libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Library Web <libweb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Libraryweb] Newsletter
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:00:02 -0500

Library Web (UK)

Library Culture on the Web

http://www.libraryweb.info

Wednesday 17 December 2008

7 days of library news:

Article: The New Green Standard
"Libraries are on the cutting edge of green design..."
The Green Library, Tuesday 16 December 2008

The one where we get a promotion
Humour.
Obnoxious Librarian from Hades, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Smart Poodle Publishing Announces Winners of "What I Wish Everyone Knew About Libraries" Writing Contest
LISWire, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Reader, Beware
"eulogy for the printed page..."
LISNews, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Reading Agency reports projects' growth
theBookseller.com, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Traka transforms key control at the British Library
"historical collections"
Material Handling Magazine, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
The Library of Digress, Tuesday 16 December 2008

American Libraries (Volume 39, Issue 11, December 2008)
ALA, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Readers' Survey: 'Brains Contribute to Sex Appeal Too'
"Quotation of the Day"
Shelf Awareness, Tuesday 16 December 2008

Book: Sustainable Library Design
The Green Library, Monday 15 December 2008

Blog: Library Layout: The Green Library
The Green Library, Monday 15 December 2008

Guidelines: What Green Design Elements Work For Libraries
The Green Library, Monday 15 December 2008

Code4Lib Journal Announces Publication of Issue 5
LISWire, Monday 15 December 2008

How Now, Great Books? (A New Britannica Blog Forum)
LISNews, Monday 15 December 2008

Patron refused books because she is Dutch
LISNews, Monday 15 December 2008

Patience and Fortitude, a Book Review
LISNews, Monday 15 December 2008

Cites and Insights 9:1 available
LISNews, Monday 15 December 2008

Book Weight Dictates Kenai AK Library Design
LISNews, Monday 15 December 2008

Barnacles on the Ship of Librarianship
"the progress of librarianship"
LISNews, Monday 15 December 2008

Taking stock: the future of our public library service
"report from UNISON"
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Monday 15 December 2008

ILL renewal charges
Information request.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Monday 15 December 2008

OCLC Record Sharing, Yogurt, and Copyright
Panlibus, Monday 15 December 2008

Judith Lennox - Before the Storm
Review.
Book Talk Bournemouth, Monday 15 December 2008

Editorial: Google Deal or Rip-Off?
Library Journal, Monday 15 December 2008

The Transparent Library: Six More Signposts
Library Journal, Monday 15 December 2008

Libraries close to crisis, says UNISON
theBookseller.com, Monday 15 December 2008

Librarians slam age-banding
theBookseller.com, Sunday 14 December 2008

Article: The Green Library Movement: An Overview And Beyond
The Green Library, Sunday 14 December 2008

Closing Libraries on the Wirral
Comment.
The Good Library blog, Sunday 14 December 2008

Libraries to offer 'smart meters'
"York"
BBC News, Sunday 14 December 2008

E-Books in Public Libraries
Comment.
Thoughts of a [wannabe] librarian, Sunday 14 December 2008

Portable MLIS - Professional Reading
Book.
Stephen's Lighthouse, Friday 12 December 2008

Library Releases Report on Flickr Pilot
"Library of Congress"
ResourceShelf, Friday 12 December 2008

multi-use mobile services
Information request.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Thursday 11 December 2008

SirsiDynix OneSource Columns
"25 ways to use 2.0 stuff to promote books"
Stephen's Lighthouse, Thursday 11 December 2008

Does my library card make me look sexier?
"From the BBC..."
Stephen's Lighthouse, Thursday 11 December 2008

Books As Music Boxes
LISNews, Thursday 11 December 2008

National Library of Scotland Selects Hitachi Data Systems to Build Digital Archive
Newswire, Thursday 11 December 2008

Learning More About Innovation From Tim Brown
"creating a more innovative organization"
Designing Better Libraries, Thursday 11 December 2008

Catching the eye
"We have roughly four seconds to grab their attention. This is all the time we have as booksellers to entice a customer before they will walk past a display..."
theBookseller.com, Thursday 11 December 2008

Rewriting history
"Dr Saad Eskander, director of the Iraq National Library and Archive, offers an inspiring lesson to all those who run libraries in the UK"
theBookseller.com, Thursday 11 December 2008

Philip Pullman Interview
(Via Library Journal Library News From The Web.)
Kids Lit, Thursday 11 December 2008

The OCA on the costs of the Google settlement for libraries
"Google Book Search could not have gotten off the ground without the cooperation of various university libraries..." (Via Library Journal Library News From The Web.)
Open Access News, Thursday 11 December 2008

Amazon Affiliates Scheme
Survey results.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Wednesday 10 December 2008

RFID and A/V
Information request.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Wednesday 10 December 2008

Survey on technology skills in libraries
Research request.
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Wednesday 10 December 2008

FW: Overdrive and Downloadable resources
"Essex"
lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries, Wednesday 10 December 2008

Hundreds of books returned
"book amnesty" (Via Google News.)
Daily Post North Wales, Wednesday 10 December 2008

Page through old magazines on Google Book Search
(Via Library Link of the Day.)
Ars Technica, Wednesday 10 December 2008