libraryweb - [Libraryweb] Newsletter

libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Library Web <libweb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: libraryweb AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Libraryweb] Newsletter
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:00:05 -0400

Library Web (UK)

http://www.libraryweb.info

Wednesday 21 March 2007

7 days of library news:

Attainment: New Books Out Next Week
US publication.
Shelf Awareness, Tuesday 20 March 2007

Of the Places You'll Go, Is the Library Still One of Them?
"We hoped our girls would see the library as an oasis where they'd learn to understand themselves and the world."
LISNews, Monday 19 March 2007

Thinking Outside the Box, Inside the Panel
Comic Books (via Library Link of the Day).
washintonpost.com, Monday 19 March 2007

You Do Like Reading Off a Computer Screen
"The cognitive style of the computer is different from the cognitive style of the novel."
LISNews, Sunday 18 March 2007

Attack on Hoboken librarian leads to arrest
"If you think you had a bad day at work..."
LISNews, Sunday 18 March 2007

Secret of horror writer's lineage broken
"the older son of Stephen King"
LISNews, Sunday 18 March 2007

Book Scanning Goes High-Tech
(Via Library Link of the Day.)
ABC7, Sunday 18 March 2007

OCLC welcomes 202 libraries from Taiwan to OCLC cooperative
"WorldCat"
ResourceShelf, Saturday 17 March 2007

Former librarian wins compensation claim
"exposure to mold"
LISNews, Friday 16 March 2007

NPR - Iraq National Library and Archive
LISNews, Friday 16 March 2007

UN urges library development in Africa
LISNews, Friday 16 March 2007

Massey librarian implicated in $1m book heist
"people who 'conspired to steal and resell rare and valuable books from libraries throughout New Zealand'" (Library Link of the Day 16/03/07.)
stuff.co.nz, Friday 16 March 2007

Wee-hour musings paying off for author
"a cult of evil librarians"
LISNews, Thursday 15 March 2007

What Goes Around
"tribute to interlibrary loan services"
LISNews, Thursday 15 March 2007

Libraries face closure in Scotland
(Subscription article, subscribe cost free.)
theBookseller.com, Wednesday 14 March 2007

In praise of libraries
"on the value of libraries"
LISNews, Wednesday 14 March 2007

Call for boys' own bookshelves
"a bookshelf of 'boys' stories' to try to encourage them to read"
BBC News, Wednesday 14 March 2007