labruscagrape - [OFEX] Pear scions

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Burt Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Pear scions
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:01:35 -0400

Good morning Joe
Thanks for the pear info- just what I need. Am printing it out for my plant ledger
Yes, you can have as many scions of Moonglow and Conference as you want. Advise when, how long, etc and I can cut & take them to your daughter's the day  you are going there. Or if convenient you can come here on your way to your daughters and I would watch you cut them as I have never cut for scions before. This way we could have a visit with Amgad and yourself.
I plan on dropping off a package at your home sometime in the next 4 weeks- will contact you in advance to be sure the day will be OK for you.
Moonglow, Conference and Anjou all planted Apr 1983. Moonglow always the earliest and the best eating. Conference always has a lesser crop (although it looks good this year) while Anjou have never given us any fruit until this year then- surprise- blossoms in the spring, then 2 or 3 pears thereon.                        Cheers                          Bert

Bert Dunn  Box 352   Schomberg   L0G 1T0   zone 4b/5a   905 880 4453
http://littlefatwino.com/bertslist.html
Think Blending  Not Varietals