labruscagrape - [OFEX] Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:25:27 -0500

Season’s Greetings to all.

My days of “radio silence” are now finally over. The quilts and final manuscript for my latest book were sent last week and real life has resumed. Thank goodness for two entire weeks before Christmas and the holidays arrive. There are wonderful pictures from our September Apple Festival and other orchard pics, waiting in my camera to be shared, so that is planned for quiet days in January. Fortunately, there’s a rumor that Santa is going to arrange for a lesson on how to get things from the camera memory card into the computer and on to our screens to be enjoyed. I do hope he doesn’t forget.

The good news is that my best half has five carboys of cider, fermenting away, so we should start having taste tests soon to see when they’re ready to bottle. Many of our neighbours offered me apples from their trees, so they will certainly get a few bottles come spring. Another cider lover I spoke with gathers his apples from the local back roads and laneways that run between the fields. Like a fisherman with his favorite fishing hole, this fellow has a map of his favorite cider trees – minimal amounts of pest damage, etc. He goes with the theory that terrible tasting apples make for great cider, so we are going to exchange a few bottles and compare our results. He still won’t tell me which roads he gathers from.

In the meantime, a friend sent me this lovely singing message ( see below ), and I just had to send it along for more folks to enjoy. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah, and a safe and fruitful New Year for everyone.

Cheers, Bizmark.

The song was originally recorded by the Drifters in 1954.

Turn the volume up - these reindeer can sing.

Clink the link below!  Sound up!!!!

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. Thank you.