labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] From Thornhill

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@hotmail.com>
  • To: labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] From Thornhill
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:46:01 +0000

Probably right Joe, on the micro-climate. I have cherry branches next to my house wall that open 2-3 day before the other branches further away.

The micro climate does not explain those other unusual happenings. I agree that the mild Jan could have played havoc with the organisms. Depending on their genetic make-up, some would suffer more than others. That's another reason why diversity is such a good thing.

jmb