labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Pressing concord grapes

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Pressing concord grapes
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:26:37 -0400

Hi,

We drove quite a ways on highway 3, heading east out of Leamington, driving along Lake Erie to St. Thomas, and I stopped at a number of fruit stands looking for grapes, and found none.

The only farm name that sticks in my mind is Pardo.

There were odd plots of grapes along highway 3, but nobody was selling them. Asked every farm stand attendant too, and they knew of none in the area.

There was a sign in Kingsville for Concords, never got in there though.

Did not drive as far as Port Colborne. Too far to travel now.

Have you ever thought of promoting a juice/grape special through the wine making clubs of Ontario? http://www.makewine.com/

Best of luck. If I was closer it may have worked.

Later,
tom