labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Grape Vines--Isabella

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Grape Vines--Isabella
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:41:27 -0400

Hi Tom
A lot of work, however have you considered the pots you sell to DINB folk,
maybe larger, then storing Isabella someplace in the FIL's barn? As I
remember cattle barns do not freeze in winter
Poly foam pipe covers may reduce the rate at which the trunk cools off, also
reduces the rate at which it warms up in the daytime. These two events may
be a straight trade off.
Cheers Bert

Bert Dunn Box 352 Schomberg Ont L0G 1T0 Zone 4b

www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca
www.littlefatwino.com/bertslist.html
Think Blending-Not Varietals