labruscagrape - [OFEX] Fw: Mildew

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Joe Boles" <jo.bo@rogers.com>
  • To: "Ofex" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Fw: Mildew
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:05:11 -0400

I think it was Tom asking about mildew.

----- Original Message ----- From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
To: "Joe Boles" <jo.bo@rogers.com>
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 6:59 AM
Subject: Mildew

Good morning Joe
You asked Margie about Mildew spraying a few days ago.
This e-mail is on Growwine. Might be of some interest to you
Cheers Bert

From: "Mark Hart" <markhart@mavo.biz>

Tests in MI and NY have shown the phosphorus acid products like Phostrol (http://www.ag.us.nufarm.com/) to have almost no effect on powdery mildew. Nor does the vendor claim it does, and it is not on the label.

there are a lot of things that kill powdery mildew. In the US the
arsenal includes (SI's such as Nova, Strobilurins such as Abound and Pristine, Sulfur compound, highly refined oils (JMS stylet), bicarbonates, whey, etc.). Labels, names and availability are different in Canada.

I start with a spray of Nova, then Abound (1 or 2) and finish up my last 2-4 sprays with potassium bicarbonate.

Mark Hart

  • [OFEX] Fw: Mildew, Joe Boles, 06/06/2005