labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Surround spray

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Surround spray
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:04:23 -0500

Hi,

I will ask my brother inlaw. He is a farmer and licensed to use herbicide/pesticide/fungicide. He may know.

My problem now is that the apple sprayer on the farm died last fall. It is an antique, and without a sprayer, just spraying the dwarfs and not the standards, will be useless. Bagging the dwarfs may be my only option.

The issue with Surround may be equipment. I believe you need a high pressure sprayer, and tank agitators to keep the superfine clay from settling out.

If it matters.... It changes the tree's appearance to dusty/dirty white. It is a physical barrier.

I will check with the local Co-op too.

Later,
Tom