labruscagrape - Re: [LabruscaGrape] Diamond

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: Paul Bulas <pabls@yahoo.com>
  • To: "Exploring Labrusca grapes and making better wine with them." <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [LabruscaGrape] Diamond
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 21:08:55 -0500 (EST)

Well, my philosophy when making labrusca wines is that their foxy nature should show through, just like with Muscat and Gewurztraminer.  I can't really offer any advice on minimizing foxiness, but maybe you could let us know what style you made the wine in.

Cheers,

Paul

 dabrowski <dabrowski@attbi.com> wrote:

Does anybody have experience with Diamond vines.
I hard a small harvest last year (2 year old vines) and the results were not
that great, certainly not like the wine I had in upstate NY.

Seemed wickedly foxy to me, any ideas?