internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Negotiating the Price of a 2011 Camry at Fred Anderson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Colleen McCarthy <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Negotiating the Price of a 2011 Camry at Fred Anderson
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:57:22 -0400

---- Colleen McCarthy <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm interested in two 2011 Camry's for sale at Fred Anderson.
>
> I have only bought one car from a dealer in my life and that was in 1980. I
> honestly don't have a clue as to how to negotiate the price, warrantees, or
> anything else involved in the sale of a used vehicle from a dealer.
>
> Can any of you offer any guidance?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> Colleen

I bought a new truck from them. They seem to be normal for a dealership.
I wonder why they have 2011 models. Where they trade-ins or what?
I look for people selling cars in the company classifieds so I know the
people.
You can run across some decent vehicles that way.

I agree that you should look at the Edmunds or KBB sites to get a range of
what the price should be. Figure out your walk away price and tell them that
you will purchase the car for that price. Be prepared to walk away if they
won't work with you. If you aren't willing to walk away, you can't really
negotiate much. Good luck!

--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roger-austin/8/a4/60
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek