internetworkers - [internetworkers] Windows upgrade.... Not the Microsoft kind

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <marcia AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Windows upgrade.... Not the Microsoft kind
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 0:23:47 +0000

Hello Internetworkers,

You guys are always so helpful answering my home improvement questions... so
here's another one: what is a good replacement window?

Our current wood windows are fine, but a little draft in the winter, so we
decided to replace them with nice new vinyl windows. We've had reps from:
pella, champion, milgard, 4 seasons and Anderson over but their quotes are
all over the place. Anything from $200 up to $900 per window! Sounds like a
good installation is key though.

Has anyone had any good or bad experience with a local dealer/installer? How
about brands? We'd like to stay between $400 and $500 per window.

Thanks as always,
Márcia

  • [internetworkers] Windows upgrade.... Not the Microsoft kind, marcia, 09/14/2011