internetworkers - [internetworkers] Looking for room renters in Cary - potential residential hackerspace

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Karches <tkarches AT gmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Looking for room renters in Cary - potential residential hackerspace
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:13:06 -0500

I am looking for renters for a 3 bedroom house that I (and my sister) own in Cary (near Cary Towne Center). I am not interested in renting the entire house, just the bedrooms. We are also not interested in selling at the current time...my sister may move back to the area. It's also a terrible time to sell a house.

The house is furnished and I can probably supply whatever furniture that someone would need. There is a large garage for storage and a separate workshop that is attached to the house.

Tenants would have access to the common areas, as would I (I live 10 houses away). I have started meeting with a group to play ukelele one or two days a month at the house, and would like for that to continue.

I have some ongoing projects which are making use of the space...some electronic, some musical.

The house is convenient to the TTA 301 bus (which I ride daily to NCSU).

This would be a good situation for
- a student at NCSU or Wake Tech
- a long distance commuter to job in Raleigh
- someone who wants space for an office who finds it difficult to work at home

I need to have at least one live-in tenant to avoid paying vacant house insurance. My "pie in the sky" idea would be something like this :

http://makerhouse.com/

A residential hackerspace with interesting people sharing ideas and doing stuff together.

Without the climbing wall :-)

If anyone can provide me leads on potential tenants or are interested in discussing this further, please contact me.

Thanks,
Tom