internetworkers - [internetworkers] Reminder to submit session proposals by Friday (Dec. 7) for 2011 NCTech4Good Conference

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Reminder to submit session proposals by Friday (Dec. 7) for 2011 NCTech4Good Conference
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 12:37:09 -0500

On 11/9/2010 3:41 PM, Judy Hallman wrote:
I know many of you work with nonprofits and have a good idea of things they need to know. Think about what you wish more nonprofit people could do better using technology. -- Judy Hallman
----

We’re writing to invite you, as a member of the technology or nonprofit communities, to

* submit a session proposal for the 2011 NCTech4Good Conference,
* forward this invitation to those you know who might be interested in the opportunity to present, and/or
* send us suggestions on others who'd be interested in receiving this message.

By now, you’ve probably heard about the NCTech4Good Conference, Technology Solutions for Nonprofits, to be held April 15, 2011 in Chapel Hill.

If not, the NCTech4Good Conference is an annual day-long event that offers information and networking for staff, consultants, and volunteers for all North Carolina nonprofits and similar organizations. The conference sessions include case studies, workshops, and panel discussions. Topics focus on practical information at different levels of expertise to help organizations solve everyday problems and meet their goals. Participants learn from leaders in the field and from each other, while also strengthening the NCTech4Good network.

Review ideas for sessions and last year’s agenda online, and then register on the website and submit your proposal by December 10, 2010. Note that you must register on the website and be logged in to submit the form.

We’ll use feedback from last year’s conference to guide us as we decide which sessions to cover in each track (Tools, Solutions, and Emerging Technologies). Sessions are 60 minutes. It's your decision how that time will be spent, but we recommend that you plan for plenty of Q/A and discussion.

We’ll notify you by January 28, 2011, whether your session was selected or not.

Please email info AT nctech4good.org if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your session proposals.

Best,

The NCTech4Good Conference Team