internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] question about hacktool.rootkit

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] question about hacktool.rootkit
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:18:59 -0400

I don't trust boxen once arbitrary code runs. Flatten it and re-load.
There might be something that executes in the future such as
ScrewUpMyPc.exe. You just never know. If it takes a couple of hours to
re-load and you spend more time trying to fix, you're better off
re-loading with today's software instead of fighting the past.

We just moved our largest client from Symantec End Point to our $10/year
cloud-based commercial version of AVG and have been catching malware.

Regards,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks tel: 919-838-1672 x111 cell: 919-606-1772 skype:
neusedotnet

The ONE(tm) Plan from Neuse River Networks
Put maintenance behind the scenes, after-hours and out of your way.

http://www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com/oneplan

Web: http://www.neuserivernetworks.com Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/neuse Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/neuseriver Twitter: http://twitter.com/neuse

Customer Service/Support: Call hotline at 919-838-1672 x113, send email
to support AT neuserivernetworks.com or visit
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com/support