internetworkers - [internetworkers] Rental Opportunity in Solterra Cohousing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "christian stalberg" <cstalberg AT web-analysts.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Rental Opportunity in Solterra Cohousing
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:53:17 -0400

Posting for a friend...

+++

Room for rent in Solterra Cohousing (Durham) will be available October 1.
The two of us who are live here are members of Carolina Common Well. So we'd
love to find a community-minded person to move in.

There is a large master suite available. If you, or anyone you know, would
like to live here with us, but would prefer smaller, less expensive
accomodation, we will offer choice of either of the other 2 bedrooms and
then reshuffle accordingly. We will also consider renting the entire house
to a family, finding other lodging for ourselves.

This 2000 square foot house was built in 1998 and has new solid surface
kitchen counters. The master suite has new carpet, a huge walk-in closet
that's really a room unto itself, and a spacious bathroom with double sinks,
garden tub with jets and separate shower.

If you want the smaller bedrooms on the second floor, you will also have use
of the large landing on which you can place a desk and bookshelves. You can
view photos and a floorplan of the house here.

Solterra Cohousing is a great place to practice community skills as we have
some kind of meal in the common house twice a week on average. You will also
find Documentaries, Fun Movies, Book Club, etc. in our common house and can
suggest your own community activities. Neighbors here expect to interact
with one another. If they don't know you, they expect to change that.

We have a two acre community garden & orchard with private plots available.
We have a play meadow, a play structure for the children, a few outdoor
sheds, tetherball & horseshoes, and walking paths that connect houses
through the 20 acre property. Solterra Cohousing is adjacent to the 100-acre
New Hope Preserve and conveniently located between Duke and UNC campuses.

Compatibility factors include that we both work from home, are not TV
watchers and are not vegetarians. We'd love to have a housemate who takes
pleasure in minimizing waste and is interested in eating local food. And if
that person is a gardener, we?ll be ecstatic!

Call us at 919-886-6460 and ask for Nancy or Matt.