internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Old books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Old books
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:53:17 -0400

Hi Márcia,

I would ask "How old? And how relevant?" regarding the books. If they
are ancient and not necessarily of interest to an odd/rare books
collector, then they should be destroyed. For that, I don't know what
to tell you other than throw them in the trash.

If they are relatively useful and the tech contained within isn't
misleading by today's standards, then you can donate them to a
library, PTA/Goodwill, a friend, or a variety of other places. I'd
bet there are even online book trading services and that someone will
offer up a URL for one.

I guess the question of relevance is highly subjective, but someone
versed in tech should be able to fairly evaluate them in little time.
There is just no sense donating a book that wouldn't help someone
learn a valuable, current technology. Of course, collectors may be
interested, but good luck finding that person.

Good luck on your book purge!
David M.