internetworkers - [internetworkers] how to sell a lifting chair?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] how to sell a lifting chair?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:32:15 -0400

Hello O Mighty Internetworkers;

I have a question to ask y'all because, well, somebody here seems to
know just about everything. :-) What is the best way to sell a lifting
recliner chair*?

We've tried Craigslist, but I get the impression that the type of folks
who are most likely to need something like this, e.g. elderly folks, the
disabled - are NOT the types to shop on Craigslist. :-( Do elderly
folks still read newspaper want ads? Or is there some kind of
consignment or resale store for medical equipment that might take one of
these chairs, too? It's too big to drag out for a yard sale, and we've
worked all our neighborhood contacts already. Any ideas? Or heck - any
of YOU want the thing? It's big. And blue. And lifty.

Flummoxed,
Paula

*The details: The chair looks like a recliner, and will recline like
one, but it also will lift up a foot or so and tilt slightly forward, to
enable the person in it to stand up or transfer to a wheelchair more
easily. It was purchased about a year or two ago for my
recently-deceased father in law, from the medical supply store near
here, for something like $1200. We'd take MUCH less than that for it
(heck, I think we had it listed on CL for $225), but we do need to sell
it, as we've already donated a bunch of stuff and need to recoup at
least some of the value of this big thing.