internetworkers - [internetworkers] Job Opening at Web Performance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Job Opening at Web Performance
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:51:07 -0500

2009 was another good year for us, and we're adding two new positions, one of which has already been filled. The current opening is for a Web Performance Engineer, which means you would be the performance expert consulting with companies big and small who rely on their websites.  We can train you in the mechanics of using our software, but we need someone with actual experience tuning some aspect of websites to get the best performance.

Job duties will include:

   * Understanding each customer's application, infrastructure and their testing goals
   * Configuring and performing load tests of web-based applications and analyzing the results
   * Executing and analyzing performance tests of complex web software systems and publishing the results
   * Support customers by reproducing customer configurations in our test lab and diagnosing reported problems
   * Writing about website performance and load testing for articles, research papers, case studies and our blog

Job Requirements:

   * Understanding of networking, including configuration on Windows and Linux
   * Basic understanding of the HTTP protocol
   * Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
   * Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment

Desirable Skills:

   * Understanding of factors affecting the performance of web-based applications
   * Understanding of high performance configurations of operating systems and application servers
   * Experience configuring load balancers, firewalls, routers, web servers, etc.
   * Experience developing non-trivial web-applications (esp Java and .NET)

When you have proven your capabilities, this position can evolve to include:

   * Internal IT system development
   * Software development for the Load Tester product
   * Project management

Send your resume to jobs AT webperformance.com. Principals only. No phone calls please.

http://www.webperformance.com

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC
C: 919-619-0607

  • [internetworkers] Job Opening at Web Performance, Michael Czeiszperger, 02/18/2010