internetworkers - [internetworkers] Nonprofit Technology Conference, April 8-10, Atlanta

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Nonprofit Technology Conference, April 8-10, Atlanta
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:06:22 -0500

To Internetworkers,

This is my once-a-year mailing to several lists about The Nonprofit
Technology Conference -- http://nten.org/ntc -- this year it's April
8-10, 2010 in Atlanta, GA at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.

NOTE: Early Bird Prices are only for two weeks!!! -- until December 15,
2009. If you are not a member, you'll want to become a member to get the
lowest rates.

NTEN just posted the breakout sessions -- see
https://www.ntenonline.org/EWEB/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=NTEN&Webcode=NTCSessionsCurrent

The Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) will bring together an
outstanding group of nonprofit leaders, IT innovators, communications
gurus, fundraising superstars amongst other nonprofit staff looking to
learn the latest trends, practical how-tos, and IT solutions to optimize
their organization's technology to further their missions to create more
social good in the world.

Registration is open! Be sure to register early to save on registration
and to be a part of this amazing event that sold out in 2009.

Thursday, April 8, is the Day of Service, where you'll be able to
consult and assist nonprofits in Atlanta. There are also Affinity Group
meetings on Thursday and an Unconference on Open Data in the morning.
And there's a great fair with lots of information about services for
nonprofits on Thursday from 3:00 to 8:00, combined with a reception.

Become an NTEN member -- both personal and organization memberships are
available. Membership for an organization starts at $60/year and
entitles staff to membership benefits, and it's cool to be listed in
the NTEN Membership Directory. NTEN hosts a lot of Webinars, which are
usually half price for members. They have a good email list for
nonprofit technology issues, and they host affinity groups for people
with a shared interest. You can participate in NTEN groups without
becoming a member. NTEN also supports regional 501 Tech Clubs. Our
Triangle 501 Tech Club (better known as NCTech4Good) holds meetings
usually on the third Wednesday of the month. See
http://www.meetup.com/NCTech4Good/ for more information.

Even if you can't go to the conference, be sure to check out the agenda
and the breakout sessions
(https://www.ntenonline.org/EWEB/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=NTEN&Webcode=NTCSessionsCurrent).
Let me know which sessions particularly interest you and maybe we can
use your suggestions as topics for local NCTech4Good meetings.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Judy Hallman <hallman AT rtpnet.org>

  • [internetworkers] Nonprofit Technology Conference, April 8-10, Atlanta, Judy Hallman, 11/30/2009