internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Finding Source of Hard Drive Churn

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Finding Source of Hard Drive Churn
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:27:40 -0400

John Broome wrote:
There's no way the CPU in a T43p is 366mhz. That may be what's showing
with it throttled down for power savings, if it really was 366mhz then
it wouldn't support 2gb of ram.

Yeah, I have a T43p sitting beside me and it is 2gHz.

Good suggestions so far. Defrag would be the first thing to do.

Take it off the network and disable the AV temporarily to see if
that is a problem. Sometimes new data files from the AV will cause
issues.

Look at the startup folder and drag out anything related to Office
2007. Reboot to see if the disk still thrashes. A T43p may not be
enough machine to run Office 2007 effectively.

Good luck, Roger
--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/8/a4/60
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek