internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Please help support the Puppy Mill Ban in North Carolina

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <ksonney AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Please help support the Puppy Mill Ban in North Carolina
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:04:21 -0400

Unfortunately, I was unable to reach any of the senators who voted
against the ban. However, as I understand it, the standard arguments
are :

- Additional Regulation will hurt the dog breeding industry (it won't,
unless you happen to BE one of the puppy mills)
- Additional Regulation will require additional funding to enforce
(this is true, but it should pay for itself)

I could go into all kinds of additional theories, but the truth is,
beyond this, I don't know. I'm actually pretty confused as to why the
NRA and the AKC (who, one thinks would be in favour of preventing
cruelty to dogs) have spent a LOT of money opposing this particular
bill here in NC.

-- Kevin Sonney
-- kevin AT sonney.com

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert
integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the
play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the
ordinary. " - Cecil Beaton

I check email a couple times daily; to reach me sooner, click here:
http://awayfind.com/ksonney