internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Clock ticking on a free NC-540

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Clock ticking on a free NC-540
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:21:29 -0400

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Scott<catfather AT donpoo.net> wrote:
> Really?! I live in Durham (and have enjoyed the other thread!) by
> Sedwick Rd and Hwy 55. I use the TW-147 ramp at least 3-4 times a week
> to get onto 147 North and head into downtown Durham. Is removal of the
> ramp needed for construction of the toll road or are they just
> eliminating it to force people to use the new 540 connector?

That is a good question and which answer you believe probably depends
on how much you believe in conspiracy theories. However, to show
that it will indeed be eliminated, just take a look at the expressway
map with interchanges. Note that it lists an interchange between
the triangle expressway and I-40 and nothing else there.

http://www.ncturnpike.org/pdf/TriEx%20map.pdf

I've used that on-ramp many times to get from my home near
Parkwood onto 147 to go north to downtown (I used to take
my son to school that way every day). Losing it will be a
HUGE blow to traffic congestion relief, not that the NCTA
really cares, though, I think.

Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace