internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Laptop Purchase

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: david cherryholmes <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Laptop Purchase
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:39:39 -0400

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Heath Roberts<htroberts AT gmail.com> wrote:

> IMO, Thinkpads are next best, but it does depend on your priorities.

Seconded on the thinkpads. My first thinkpad, an R52, I ran over with
my car. Aside from the plastic on one corner getting a little
rounded, it was fine and I used it for years afterwards. My current
thinkpad, a T400, my cat knocked over a glass of pepsi onto the
keyboard a few weeks ago. Drained out through the runnels, and
appears to be working with no adverse affects.

--
David Cherryholmes

When you're trying to make a profit, it's a conflict of interests when
you lose money by providing the service you advertise.