internetworkers - [internetworkers] Heat Pump Headaches

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Heat Pump Headaches
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:36:50 -0700 (PDT)

My heat pump isn't working - there's a humming coming from it and a periodic click like a relay trying to do some work.  I suspect the motor is gone but I'm no mechanic.

Internetworkers due diligence showed a previous experience with heat pumps may have been helped by resetting a circuit breaker or some internal switch somewhere.  Since the thing definitely looks like it's getting power past the box on the house, does anyone think either one of these options would help?  If not, it's a phone call to Airmarkers and ARS tomorrow.  On the positive side, the weather has been helpful.

Tom

  • [internetworkers] Heat Pump Headaches, Tom Caswell, 04/19/2009