internetworkers - [internetworkers] Video hosting site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Video hosting site
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:51:58 -0400

I took some videos of Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus Three at Cat's Cradle last week.  I wanted to put them up somewhere on the internet, but after reading the terms/policies about user content on Youtube and also on Facebook I decided against uploading the videos to that site.  I am not looking to give these videos to a commercial service that can do with them as they see fit in perpetuity.  I am not looking to make any money, and I object to the idea that Facebook or Youtube can make money off them.  They are unfortunately too big for Flickr, both in length and size, or I'd put them there.  I would love to have a place to share them for fans etc. but I would prefer to have a place to put them up on the internet under a Creative Commons license (a la Flickr).  Does anyone have any good suggestions?  It strikes me that someone here must know a good place!

I got good video of "Saturday Groovers" and "I'm Falling" with my Canon Powershot G9.  They are surprisingly good IMO for the lighting and sound levels, and I'd really like to share them.

Lyman Green