internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Trojan Vundo

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Trojan Vundo
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:16:39 -0400

Once a system has been compromised, you are far better off loading your operating system and applications onto a freshly partitioned and formatted disk than trying to repair the system. Why? Because of the time and quality. You could spend a lot of time with remedies that may not have the quality of a system that has not been compromised.

Unless you love drilling down into the Windows registry and spending lots of time, backup you data and nuke/pave.

Regards,

Jim Ray, MCSE, NCSU EE '85
President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 x111 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com

Founded in 1997, Neuse River Networks is a Raleigh, NC based IT Outsourcing Partner that is committed to specialized customer solutions to reduce costs and increase productivity with The ONE Plan.  By taking a proactive approach The ONE Plan is designed to manage your computer network so you don’t have to.  Since its inception Neuse River Networks has built its foundation on earning the trust of its customers and will continue to strive toward this standard of excellence.

Contact Information:

Customer Referrals:

sales AT neuserivernetworks.com

Customer Service/Support: