internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Anyone thinking of switching banks these days?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Anyone thinking of switching banks these days?
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:54:54 -0500

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
I was wondering if anyone on the list did their banking with one of the possibly insolvent banks, Citygroup or BofA and were thinking of switching "just in case". I've been unhappy at BofA, anyway, so it doesn't take much to get me to move other than the inertia of having been there for 15 years.

Can't speak to options in the Triangle, but I have been using a smaller, local bank up here in the mountains and have been really pleased. My bank's service is excellent, they treat me like a person. Free business checking, too!

BofA == evil in my book. You don't need to worry about your funds on deposit at BofA because of FDIC & Uncle Sam generally. Nor do you need an excuse to take your business elsewhere.

Thomas

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>