internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] some printing on coffee mugs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kirk Schmidt <kirklimon AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] some printing on coffee mugs
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:55:03 -0500

Stan, I used to do design for screenprinting for a number of years and
we used to sub-out a lot advertising specialties, though for a while the
company I worked for used to actually have a mug-press. I'm not aware
of anyone in the local area now with the capability to actually do the mug
printing, but it's been a few years since I worked in the industry. In any case,
I know some very good folks locally and I'll give you what I've got:

I will second A Better Image Printing. They are quite responsible and
reliable, though I usually use their services for business cards and such.
They do seem kinda Christian and churchy in general if that's your thing.

A good friend of mine, whom I taught the basics of screenprinting has a
shop in Carrboro called The Merch. He has a young family and has a knack
for very stylish designs. Chip Hoppin is his name. http:// www.themerch.net/
Tell Chip I sent you.

Total Exposure is another really good printer. I worked and taught a number
of these fellows over the years and they do quality work. They are in Hillsborough
near the Sportsplex. http://www.totalexposuredesigns.com/ Ask for Steve Basili
and tell I'm sent you.

Finally, I'd suggest Brand Fuel promotions. Danny Rosin started this Advertising
Specialty company after getting Body Billboards into the big business. He's a master
salesman and this company is one of the top five Advertising Specialty companies
in the country if not the world the last I heard. I worked with him for a long while,
and I'd suggest talking to Danny (once again refer me fwiw) if you have large
quantities or plan on doing much more business. They're on Aviation Blvd.
just down from the airport. http://www.brandfuel.com/

I don't get anything for my recommendations, but I've worked with the latter three
before they owned their own businesses and I've done work with them since. I know
them well, they're locals and I'd just like them to know they're in my thoughts.

Hope this helps,

Kirk Schmidt