internetworkers - [internetworkers] upcoming InternetforEveryone.org town hall meeting in Durham

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Christian stalberg" <cstalberg AT web-analysts.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] upcoming InternetforEveryone.org town hall meeting in Durham
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 04:26:55 -0500

Title: Free Press: media reform through education, organizing and advocacy

reform media. transform democracy.

Internet for Everyone

Hello,

Bridging America's Digital Divide

Watch the North Carolina video announcement

Reserve Your Seat Today

Last night, President Barack Obama made high-speed, open and affordable Internet for everyone a priority in his national recovery plan.

It¢s now up to the people of North Carolina to see that he does it right.

Please Join others from across the state on Saturday, March 7, for the second in a series of town hall meetings on building a better Internet in the United States .

WHAT: InternetforEveryone.org town hall meeting
in North Carolina
WHEN: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Durham Marriott Convention Center
201 Foster Street
Durham , N.C.
RSVP: Reserve Your Place
(Only 250 seats are available. RSVP today.)

At the town hall meeting, we will discuss the realities of life on both sides of the digital divide. We will look at what kind of Internet we want and how we all can share in its benefits. We will craft a plan for building a better Internet for everyone.

Space is limited, but we want you to have a seat at the table: RSVP today!

We each have a special part to play in bringing Internet to everyone/or, in bringing a high-speed connection to every American home and business. It's going to take innovative solutions and true public participation to address our current economic issues. We are calling on you to send a strong message to the Obama administration and to Congress that universal access to fast, affordable and open Internet is essential to America 's future.

Join the movement to make a better Internet a reality for all.

Thank you,

Misty Perez
Campaign Coordinator
Free Press
http://www.internetforeveryone.org/
http://www.freepress.net/

1. Read "One Nation Online," our new fact sheet on the state of America 's broadband:
http://www.freepress.net/files/IFE_Brochure.pdf

2. Learn more at http://www.internetforeveryone.org/

3. Join the InternetforEveryone.org Facebook community and invite your friends:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17607359573

  • [internetworkers] upcoming InternetforEveryone.org town hall meeting in Durham, Christian stalberg, 02/19/2009