internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Digital Writing Device

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Digital Writing Device
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:07:51 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Tom Caswell wrote:

I hesitate to use "tablet" because I don't want a tablet PC.  Is there a
device that accepts handwritten input and later download to a PC for OCR?  We have a
laptop and don't need a tablet PC but typing handwritten notes is becoming tedious.

Tom

Have you looked at the LiveScribe?

http://gizmodo.com/386809/review-livescribe-pulse-digital-penrecorder-verdict-its-good-for-notetakers

A thirdparty app for LiveScribe exports notes to text.
http://www.livescribe.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/LDApp.woa/wa/CSKBPortalPage

regards,
Steve B