internetworkers - [internetworkers] Help... Javascript Menu IE issue!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesignforchange AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Help... Javascript Menu IE issue!
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:57:06 -0500

I hope someone can help solve this problem.

I created a women's networking organization website around 4 years ago using _javascript_ed menus. We haven't done much to change the site since. I am handing over management of the site to someone else. We decided on some menu changes a few days ago. I updated them in Fireworks and I exported the script into a Dreamweaver template file.

My menus work perfectly in FireFox (as usual!!)  Explorer used to flash a security alert to approve the script exception... which allowed the menus to work as designed. For some odd reason, Explorer is not showing the submenu items even after I allow the exception.

I use Explorer only to test site pages; I never use it for my own browsing. But I have to make it work in IE.

I realize there are now common alternatives to _javascript_ed menus, but I'm not about to redesign a 4 year old pro bono site; I'm too busy with another pro bono site for my church.

I'm stumped as to how to troubleshoot this IE issue. Any suggestions?

The site URL is: http//www.wildwackywonderfulwomenoftheworld.org

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Susan

Susan LaBarre