internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] You know your state's in trouble

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] You know your state's in trouble
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:58:51 -0500

As far as I can tell its not as bad as in 2001.  Yet.  I don't know anyone personally who's been laid off, and while Nortel laid off another batch, employers like Cisco, SAS, and IBM haven't announced any layoffs as far as I know. I don't know if they're hiring either, which is more to the point for you.  This is probably something best done by gauging the reactions from the bulk of list members.