internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] help: need a date location

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] help: need a date location
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:52:56 -0500

I second the Udipi recommendation.  It's exclusively vegetarian.
Tower is as well, but I think they focus too much on the southern indian fried foods.  Udipi has a better selection.

Neomonde on 54, while not exclusively vegetarian, has a great selection of food for vegetarians, so I also second that recommendation.  Baba Ganouj could also serve that purpose, down near Crossroads.

I'm not sure the environment/atmosphere is date-like but Sweet Tomatoes (also near Crossroads) is a good vegetarian place as well, with a huge, huge salad bar, pasta, etc.

I have a lot of other ideas depending on how strict a vegetarian she is (ovo-lacto?) and where you're willing to go, but I think those above are the best suggestions anyway.

Good luck!

Lyman (ex-vegetarian)

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
Udupi

Carried by my iPigeon

On Dec 11, 2008, at 8:44 AM, burnett AT pobox.com wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, stan briggs wrote:
>
>> all,
>>
>> even though i have lived in cary i have no idea where to a lady
>> that's a
>> vegetarian. if we were in raleigh i would do 'irregardless'. any
>> suggestions
>> for places in cary? and, it's a 1pm today!
>
> http://www.trianglevegsociety.org/
>
> general Triangle-wide advice, with at least a couple specific
> locations in
> Cary. This site should give you somewhere to go if you don't get
> specific
> recommendations from the list.
>
> later,
> Steve B