internetworkers - [internetworkers] easy group calendar with automagic notification/subscription?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] easy group calendar with automagic notification/subscription?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:00:35 -0400

I've encountered the following usecase a few times recently, so I'm
wondering how Wise Folk would satisfy it:

You are a normal human (i.e. not an admin) who maintains a plain-
vanilla static HTML calendar listing events for a group. Some members
want to be notified when you add events to the calendar. You have a
regular job which does not include this, so you don't want to manually
send notifications, much less manage a subscription list, god forbid
manage the infrastructure on which this all runs (the current pages
are hosted on someone else's site), nor spend money.

What are easy ways to do this? I'm thinking, e.g., a yahoogroup.
Meetups would also work, but they cost, and seem kinda overkill for
this usecase. What else?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>

  • [internetworkers] easy group calendar with automagic notification/subscription?, Tom Roche, 03/13/2008