internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo Hates Internetworkers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo Hates Internetworkers
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:01:43 -0500

on Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:47:56PM -0800, Tom Caswell wrote:
> It looks like Yahoo is bouncing this newsgroup for reasons I don't
> know. I have a "spam tagged" list of email addresses but this isn't
> one. Does anyone know how I can force Yahoo email to allow the list
> through?

Well, it seems that one of the IPs in one of the Received headers
in some of the messages sent via this list are in SpamCop:

RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET autolearn=disabled version=3.2.3

It's not 152.46.7.112, it's not 152.46.7.119, it's 64.241.37.140 -
a Panera IP that lacks reverse DNS. Can't say's I blame them for
listing it, and it's been listed for, oh, 77 days out of the last
89 or so.

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=64.241.37.140

It's also hitting spamtraps at SpamCop, which is unsurprising. I'd
guess that using a legitimate outmx instead of a poorly managed free
access point would result in better deliverability.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/