internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] cpni

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Mark Turner" <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: scottchilcote AT earthlink.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] cpni
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:40:13 -0500

Last time I checked T-Mobile doesn't offer service in NC. Or to be more specific, T-Mobile doesn't offer NC phone numbers. It uses GSM and can roam quite easily in AT&T's territory, however. If you don't mind having an out-of-state number you may be fine.

Personally, I use a MNVO called Net10, which uses AT&T's network. I like the pay-as-you-go plan as I'm not a heavy mobile user. I don't know how much info Net10 shares with AT&T. As you can buy the phone with cash from most retailers, it seems a good choice for those who value their privacy.

You can read about my experience with Net10 here:
http://www.markturner.net/index.php?s=mvno

Cheers,
Mark