internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers website redesign

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cristóbal Palmer" <cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers website redesign
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:04:35 -0500

Integrating planet might be nice: http://www.planetplanet.org/

> I think the following would be great features to have:
>
> - prominent, easy to use gathering announcements (both past and
> future)

ical support?

> - multi-user content posting/editing (so new folks can post
> gatherings/photos)

If we do this, we either need a moderation system for all new users or
some sort of CAPTCHA. Having set up several wikis in the past year, I
can guarantee you anything that off-the-shelf will be used for spam
(blog spam, wiki spam, spam spam spam) in two weeks or less.

> - general content revamp

I'm happy to write copy if given an outline..

> - perhaps IRC-web client so anyone can chat in #inw via website

Again I would be careful here. This is asking for abuse. What were you
thinking? PJIRC? http://www.pjirc.com/main.php