internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Comparing CMS offerings from DreamHost

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Comparing CMS offerings from DreamHost
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:18:46 -0500

I use dreamhost and joomla for http://www.neuserivernetworks.com and
have been well pleased.

-----Original Message-----
From: internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of matusiak
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:58 PM
To: Internetworkers

Hello InterNetWorkers --

I am looking at installing one of the CMS products offered by
DreamHost in the nifty "One-Click Installs" section of their online
control panel. I know tiny bits-n-pieces about three of these
products (mostly read/overheard in prior CMS conversations), but would
like to query the expert advice of this list.

Have you used any of these products? In your opinion, what are the
relative merits and/or weaknesses of these products? Any other advice
for a novice site builder?

http://www.pligg.com/ - This one I've never heard of before.
http://moodle.org/ - Geared towards EDU environments I understand.
http://www.joomla.org/ - This one seems to be the most popular.
http://www.mediawiki.org/ - A wiki is just as good as a CMS, right? :)

My goals with this are fairly simple. I would like to build a site
about Moscow, Idaho and it's local attractions. This is a personal
project to help me learn more about the town while providing a little
organized feedback for locals.

Many thanks for your help!
David M.

<http://moscoidaho.com/>