internetworkers - [internetworkers] Demolition companies in the Triangle area

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Demolition companies in the Triangle area
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:49:21 -0400 (EDT)

I have a need to get a building torn down in Chapel Hill. The concerns are probable asbestos in the materials, and possible lead in the paint. With the stringent requirements that Orange County puts on its landfill waste, I'd like to make inquiries of contractors/demolition experts who have experience doing demos in Orange County in general and Chapel Hill in particular. The demolition itself should be relatively straightforward - approx. 1500 square feet of one-story building.

Are there any contractors or homeowners on the list who can provide me with some recommended (or not recommended) companies to contact?

Many thanks,

Cheers
Kelly Jo

"Memo to myself: Do all the dumb things I gotta do. Touch the puppet
head."
www.hungryphotographer.org || www.ibiblio.org/kelly || kelly<*>unc.edu