internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Web Screen Captures -- Failing Recently

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Broome" <jbroome AT gmail.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Web Screen Captures -- Failing Recently
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:29:48 -0400

On 9/29/07, Colleen McCarthy <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Recently, using cntl+print screen or alt+print screen to copy Web pages and
> paste them into documents (primarily Word and Outlook) is not working.
> Either I don't get anything, or I get all the sections separately-- a real
> mess.
>
> I'm running XP and using Office 2003. Most often I use Explorer as my
> browser. This combination has worked to give me good screen shots until the
> last month or so. Does anyone know what might be causing the screen shots
> to either not capture, or capture the screen in sections?

When i was wandering through windows land i discovered Gadwin
PrintScreen. It's a dedicated screencap program that sits in your
tray until you need it.

It also allows you to grab a specific window instead of the whole
screen, which cuts down on cropping later on.

http://www.gadwin.com/download/pspro_setup.zip

--
There are three R's to windows tech support: "Restart, Reboot, Reinstall"